This page contains spoilers from the light novel! Read at your own risk.
"Valkyrie Has Landed" (ヴァルキリィ・ハズ・ランデッド, Varukirii Hazu Randeddo?) is the ninth volume of the 86 -Eighty Six- light novel series. The volume covers the second half of the sixth story arc of the series, depicting the continuation of the Strike Package's struggle to hunt down the Noctiluca while mourning their losses, fighting their demons of pride cursing them towards a never ending war. Most have gotten their goals correct as they fight to end the conflict. Kurena herself has promised to fight to the end, but what if said "end" was something she never wanted?
"There are no soldiers who can't shoot the enemy."
"敵を撃てなければ、兵でいることはできない。" ― If you can't shoot the enemy, you can't be a soldier.
"A source of pride. A wish. A bond. A prayer. Or perhaps... a curse." ― Frederica Rosenfort, Recollections of the Battlefield
"誇り。願い。絆。祈り。あるいは—呪い。" ― フレデリカ・ローゼンフォルト『戦野追想』
LIKE LOOKING IN A MIRROR...
For better or worse, the battle with the Noctiluca has drawn to a close…for now. The Eighty-Six’s minds are heavy with thoughts of close friends and bitter enemies swallowed by the cold, dark abyss. Among the casualties are Shana, Shiden’s vice captain, joining the fallen in their watery grave, and Theo, whose loss of his left hand had all but sealed his fate as a Processor. As Shiden swears revenge, Kurena, who blames herself for Shana’s death, cracks beneath the weight of her guilt. While the Eighty-Six struggle to pick up the pieces, though, the Legion inexorably pursue their bloodless objective, and the Noctiluca has reportedly taken refuge in the surviving Holy Theocracy of Noiryanaruse. Now Shin and company must set foot in the mysterious western nation of which even the United Kingdom and the Federacy are wary…
- Prologue: The Beast of Gluttony
- Chapter 1: The Mermaid's Bargain
- Interlude: The King of Spades and Queen of Hearts' Interminable, All Too Trivial Dispute
- Chapter 2: The Ashen Battlefield
- Interlude: Where Was The Blue Bird, All Along?
- Chapter 3: Off With Her Head!
- Interlude: To Know How To Kill Siegfried, One Must...
- Chapter 4: Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall, What Do Ordinary Mirrors Show?
- Chapter 5: And The Piper Advanced, And The Rats And Children Followed
- Epilogue: The Clock Ticks On, Even In The Crocodile's Stomach
- Main Characters
- Supporting Characters
- Archduchess Brantolote (mentioned)
- Brent Bernholdt
- Canaan Nyuud
- Dustin Jaeger
- Ernst Zimmerman
- Erwin Marcel
- Esther (mentioned)
- Grethe Wenzel
- Himmelnåde Réze
- Henrietta von Penrose
- Ishmael Ahab
- Reki Michihi
- Richard Altner
- Rito Oriya
- Shiden Iida
- Siri Shion
- Suiu Tohkanya
- Viktor Idinarohk
- Willem Ehrenfried
- Yuuto Crow
- Zafar Idinarohk
- Zelene Birkenbaum
- Along with Mist and Gun Smoke on the Water, it is considered the third part of 86 -Eighty Six-.
- The titles of each chapter are in reference to fairy tales and folktales.