This page contains spoilers from the light novel! Read at your own risk.
"Under Pressure" (アンダー・プレッシャ, Andā Puressha?) is the fourth volume of the 86 -Eighty Six- light novel series written by Asato Asato and illustrated by Shirabii featuring mechanical designs by I-IV. The volume covers the third story arc of the series depicting Vladilena Milizé joining the ranks of the Federacy's military, and the dangerous operation assigned to the newly formed Eighty-Sixth Strike Package to retake the former Republic city of Charité.
"In order to survive, they choose not to feel."
"What is the biggest enemy.
For them to live."
"地の底からの呼び声が、彼らに新たな試練を告げる。" ― A call from the depths of the earth tells them of a new trial.
"The Republic is the enemy." ― Vladilena Milizé, Memoirs
"敵は、共和国。" ― ヴラディレーナ・ミリーゼ『回顧録』
Old Friends, New Enemies
Against all odds, Shin and the Eighty-Six have emerged victorious from their battle with the Morpho, liberating scores of surviving Republic citizens from the Legion's dark agenda. Lena, in turn, has fulfilled her promise and finally caught up to the Spearhead Squadron. And while her presence has brought out a softer side in Shin, it seems to have roused the competitive spirits within Kurena and Frederica. But the fun comes to an end when the Eighty-Sixth Strike Package, with Lena at the helm, receives its first mission. Their destination: an abandoned subway tunnel in the Republic's northern secondary capital, Charité. Deep underground, the gaping maw of a subterranean Legion base awaits them...
- Prologue: Missing in Action
- Chapter 1: Call on Duty
- Chapter 2: Identification: Friend or Foe?
- Chapter 3: Front Toward Enemy
- Chapter 4: Triage
- Epilogue: Wounded in Action
- Main Characters
- Supporting Characters
- Along with Death, Be Not Proud and Darkest Before the Dawn, it is considered the second part of 86 -Eighty Six-.
- The volume's title is in reference to the song Under Pressure by Queen and David Bowie.
- The setting for this volume, a labyrinthine subway terminal, is inspired by Asato Asato's grudge over how she gets lost in the Shinjuku, Otemachi, and Tokyo Stations.