Espers (能力者, Nōryokusha?) are members of the noble races which possess a genetically inherited supernatural power. These abilities usually pertain to the collective unconscious of humanity. Generally, the powers of an Esper weaken with the dilution of their genes, thus most tend to prefer marrying within their race.
There exists one noble race per race group as far as we are aware, with the noble race and ability of the Veridia Group currently unknown.
As the noble race of the Viola Group, the Amethysta possess extreme levels of enhanced ingenuity in select areas of focus. There can only be one holder of this ability at any given moment, always manifesting within the Idinarohk Dynasty. The sole Esper of the Idinarohks is given the title of Amethystus. The Amethystus of each generation is described to have lost their moral compass and common sense in exchange for their intellect. Inheritance of this ability seems to be random, without needing a direct connection from predecessor to successor.
- The first Idinarohk monarch was an Amethystus known as the mad king. He was said to have apparently used the nation’s treasury for breeding thousands of butterflies, only to kill and display them in an audience chamber.
- The Amethystus of the previous generation—Svetlana Idinarohk—used the ability in the field of weaponry, specifically guided weapons systems. Her work culminated in the Thrones used during the Dragon Fang Mountain Operation.
- The Amethystus of the current generation—Viktor Idinarohk—uses the ability in the field of robotics and artificial intelligence. His work culminated in the Mariana Model AI and the Sirins.
As the noble race of the Alba Group, the Celena used to have possessed the ability of intimidation. It is unknown exactly how this ability worked, as the ability was purged from the Celena during the witch hunts following the Republic’s founding.
Heliodor Threat Detection
As the noble race of the Aurata Group, the Heliodor possess the ability to detect threats from long range. This ability is described to activate goosebumps whenever a threat is detected, signifying that it is possibly a passive ability and not an activated one.
- Svenia is a unique case of Heliodor and Pyrope mixed heritage. Instead of weakening her abilities, her mixed heritage alters her ability into an active perception of threats within a certain distance, allowing her to “see” threats rather than simply feel them.
As the noble race of the Rubela Group, the Pyrope possess a myriad of abilities grouped under the umbrella of “Psychometry”. Different Pyrope families seem to have unique powers from each other, with the connecting thread being the perception of the unseen. From the example of Frederica and the Nouzen siblings, it is assumed that all members of a Pyrope family are able to inherit the ability with decreasing chances due to mixing.
- The Maika Clan’s psychometry takes the form of telepathy between family members, also described as the perception of unspoken words. The familial telepathy of the Maika's is the basis of the Para-RAID system. This ability is exhibited in Gelda Maika, Yuuna Maika, Shourei Nouzen, and Shinei Nouzen. Due to Shin's clinical death and resurrection, his telepathy has shifted to include the voices of the lingering dead.
- The Akino Clan’s psychometry takes the form of the perception of emotions. This ability is exhibited in Guren Akino.
- The Adel-Adler Dynasty’s psychometry takes the form of clairvoyance or the perception of the past and present of persons known to them, requiring a name and face for the ability to work. Unlike the other families, the Adel-Adler's ability does not suffer due to dilution. This ability is exhibited in Frederica Rosenfort.
Onyx Martial Prowess
As the noble race of the Aquila Group, the Onyx possess enhanced athletic abilities and martial prowess. Due to their abilities, the Onyx make up a majority of Giad’s high ranking military officials, as well as serving as the Imperial guard of the Adel-Adler Dynasty. It is unknown whether all members of the Onyx race inherit the ability, as it is not an activated ability like the other races.
- Members of the Onyx race include the Nouzen Clan and the Adel-Adler Dynasty.
As the noble race of the Caerulea Group, the Sapphira possess the ability to calculate the future ahead of them for a set distance and duration. This ability must be activated and does not activate by instinct or without the user’s will. Not all Sapphira manifest precognition, as neither Daiya Irma nor Touka Keisha possess it despite being purebloods.
- This ability manifests in the Aegis Clan. For Olivia Aegis, due to dilution from his mixed heritage of Sapphira and Jet, his precognition can only see three seconds into the immediate future.